Court Ordered Absolute Auction | Single-Family Home | Moorefield, WV | Online Only!
COURT ORDERED ABSOLUTE AUCTION - ONLINE BIDDING ONLY
Single-Family Home located at 226 Southerly S-D Drive, Moorefield, WV 26836
*Offering 5% Broker Participation*
This auction will be held ONLINE ONLY - Bidding will open on Oct 9th at 12:00pm and close on Oct 13th at 12:00p.
This property is currently occupied. Trespassing is not permitted - Contact us today at 540-344-6160 to learn more!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO BID ONLINE - CALL FOR DEPOSIT DETAILS
- Hardy County Tax ID: 16-05-343A-0020-0000
- Tax Assessed: $60,200
- 0.58 Acres
- Zoned R (Residential)
- 960 SqFt Ranch
- Built in 1971
- 3BD/1 BA
- Car Port
- Public utilities – water and sewer
- Window AC units
- Electric heat
- Hardy plank siding
- Vinyl windows
AUCTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
226 Southerly Drive, Moorefield WV, 26836
Parcel ID: 16-05-343A-0020-0000
Auction Location: ONLINE ONLY
Online Registration Deadline: Thursday, October 12th at 12:00 p.m.
Registration Deposit: $1,000.00
Buyer’s Premium: 5% of the high bid price
Broker Participation: 5% of the high bid price
(must provide proof of licensure)
Steven L. Higgs, Chapter 7 Trustee
T: (540) 400-7990
F: (540) 400-7999
STEVEN L. HIGGS, P.C.
9 Franklin Road, S.W.
Roanoke Virginia 24011-2403
General Terms and Conditions of the Auction:
- Registration: Bids will only be accepted from registered bidders. Complete the Online Registration Form found on the online auction website, providing full name, complete physical address, current working email, phone number(s), and a credit/debit card. Once you have completed the above steps, the auction company and Trustee may approve your registration and you will be eligible to bid online. In order to bid, all of these steps must be completed prior to the registration deadline listed in the reference table above.
- Deposit: The registration process requires a Registration Deposit as proof of funds in the amount of $1,000.00. Upon registering, the credit/debit card provided by each registrant will be pinged for $1,000.00. If you are not the successful bidder, the $1,000.00 hold will be released. The $1,000.00 Registration Deposit will only be captured from the successful bidder. At the conclusion of the auction, the Auction Company will proceed with charging the high bidder's credit/debit card on file for the Deposit of $1,000.00. If you are the successful bidder, immediately upon the Auction being completed, unless the Trustee is unable to convey title, your Deposit becomes NON-REFUNDABLE and upon closing will be applied to the purchase price. Closing is to take place within 30 days of sale. Time is of the Essence.
- Memorandum of Sale: Online bidders will be required to sign a blank Memorandum of Sale prior to being approved to bid, to be held in trust. Further, once the sale is completed, and the on-line bidder is the successful bidder, the Trustee will be sending additional documentation to be signed. If you are not the successful bidder, the signed agreement will be destroyed.
- Buyer’s Premium: There will be a 5% buyer’s premium in effect on the day of the sale. The buyer’s premium will be added to the final bid amount to determine the contract sales price. Example: final bid amount of $100,000 x 5% = $5,000. $100,000 + $5,000 = $105,000 “Purchase Price”.
- “AS-IS,” “WHERE-IS”: The property is being sold “AS-IS,” “WHERE-IS”. Potential Buyers must perform such independent investigations with respect to the property or title as they deem necessary.
- Advertisements: All information provided by Auction Company and the Trustee is deemed reliable but is not warranted. The information contained in this brochure and any advertisements by Auction Company are subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error or omission is assumed by the Auction Company or the Trustee.
- Representation: Auction Company and its representatives represent the Trustee.
- Deed: The property will be conveyed by Trustee’s Special Warranty Deed.
- Bidding: All Bidding is open to the public without regard to race, color, sex, religion, or national origin. All Bidders are required to have a Bidder's Number and provide proof of funds for the Deposit in order to bid. To obtain a Bidder's Number, you must be registered and approved. As used in these conditions of sale the term "the final bid" means the highest bid acknowledged by the Trustee and Auctioneer, and the term "Purchase Price" means the sum of the Final Bid and the Buyer’s Premium. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Trustee and Auctioneer shall be the Buyer. The Trustee has the right to reject any bid which, in his opinion, is not commensurate with the value of the property being offered. The Trustee and Auctioneer may advance the bidding at their absolute discretion and, in the event of any dispute between bidders, may determine the successful bidder or re-offer and resell the property in dispute. Auctioneer reserves the right to set bid increments. Should there be any dispute after the sale, the record of final sale shall be conclusive.
- Closing Costs: The Deed shall be prepared and acknowledged by Trustee at Buyer’s expense and recorded at the expense of Buyer, including the Transfer Tax which will be paid by the Buyer. The Buyer shall pay all title searches, title insurance charges, survey expenses, usual conveyance expenses, and recordation fees and taxes. Real estate taxes, water and sewer charges, if any, will be prorated as of the date of sale.
- Financing: Sale of the property is not contingent upon the Buyer obtaining financing.
- Inspection: All property is sold "As Is, With All Faults.” Description and other information are provided as a service to bidders only and do not constitute a representation or warranty, either expressed or implied. Trustee and Auctioneer disclaim all responsibility for physical condition. All Buyers are responsible for prior inspection of property on which they intend to bid, and by bidding are deemed to have so inspected the property. Auctioneer and Trustee are not responsible for delivering possession of the property, which is solely the responsibility of Buyer.
- Bid Execution & Technical Problems: Auction Company is not responsible for failing to execute bids due to Auction Company’s or bidder’s technological difficulties. Auction Company has made reasonable efforts to provide for online bidding for this sale. You recognize and acknowledge, however, that technical problems with hardware, software, or internet connectivity, as well as human errors, may arise and may affect, without limitation, the sale website, our online bidding program, and process, your or our internet service and access, and your connection to this sale bidding program and process. You further acknowledge that these and other technical problems may develop at any time and with or without notice. You acknowledge and agree that neither Auction Company nor the Trustee is in anyway responsible for any such technical problems, and that you have no absolute or other right to be able to bid on this sale in the event of any such technical problems. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you further acknowledge and agree that, in the event of any such technical problems, we reserve the right to postpone or cancel the sale and/or extend the bidding time for this sale and/or relist the property for sale at another time, in our sole discretion, and that our decision with regard to any such actions is and will be final. Bidders must take care in entering bids, and each Bidder will be responsible for all bids placed under the Bidder’s approved registration. Once entered and recorded online, a bid is deemed to be final on behalf of the registered Bidder and may not be modified, retracted, or rescinded in whole or in part. In addition to forfeiting the bidder’s deposit, the bidder will also be subject to lawsuit for Damages and/or Specific Performance in the Court of Law in which the property is located. Further, all Attorneys' Fees incurred by the Trustee and/or the Auction Company will be due and paid by a defaulting bidder.
CASTING A BID FOR THE PROPERTY WHETHER IN PERSON OR ONLINE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF ALL OF THE FOREGOING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING ANNOUNCEMENTS AT THE SALE AND THE TERMS OF THE MEMORANDUM OF SALE WHICH, IF INCONSISTENT WITH ANY TERMS CONTAINED HEREIN, SHALL GOVERN.